The Top 5 Benefits of Invisalign
Atlanta is by no means a superficial town, but how you present yourself to others is still important for your social and business life. No matter where they are, people who have an attractive, healthy smile are considered more trustworthy and likeable than their counterparts with crooked or uneven smiles. Hence the importance of cosmetic dentistry, or dental care that focuses specifically on the appearance of your teeth rather than specific health concerns like cavities and gingivitis. Today, many dentists are prescribing Invisalign as a safe, comfortable, and non-intrusive solution to uneven teeth. Here are 5 strong reasons why.
- Invisalign is far less painful than wearing braces, especially because braces often cause sores and scratches inside cheeks and on the tongue and lips.
- Invisalign does not require constant wearing. Braces, retainers, and other devices are often secured in place so that you must continue to eat, brush, and floss around them, but Invisalign is different. You can take the molds off to eat, swim, exercise, and more.
- Invisalign has been proven to correct teeth quickly, while wearing braces can take several years before any positive results are noticeable. If you follow your dentist's instructions, you will notice a positive change in your smile in a short time.
- When combined with cosmetic procedures like tooth extractions and corrective jaw surgery, even severely disfigured smiles can be corrected. A good smile is always possible, no matter who you are.
- Best of all, your own dentist can supervise your Invisalign process and help you with any questions or concerns you may have, such as why your teeth are sore and how you are improving. Wearing braces and other cosmetic gear typically requires a referral to a maxillofacial specialist or orthodontist. Why not have the same person giving you annual cleanings also care for your cosmetic improvements at the same time? This is the most convenient option for you.
If you are ever insecure about your smile or just think your teeth could use minor improvements, turn to Atlanta cosmetic dentistry for Invisalign, a more advanced alternative to braces for correcting imperfect teeth.